- CABE - California Association for Bilingual Education
"CABE is a non-profit organization incorporated in 1976 to promote bilingual education and quality educational experiences for all students in California. CABE has 7,000 members with over 60 chapters/affiliates, all working to promote equity and student achievement for students with diverse cultural, racial, and linguistic backgrounds."
- CATESOL - California Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages
"CATESOL holds an annual state conference in the spring featuring three days of noted speakers, workshops and presentations on teaching techniques and current research, and publishers' exhibits. Three large regional conferences are held each year in the fall in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, and San Diego. Additionally, smaller chapter conferences are held throughout the year in California and Nevada."
- TESOL - Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages
"Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Inc. (TESOL), is a global education association for English language teaching professionals. TESOL encompasses a network of approximately 53,500 educators worldwide, consisting of more than 11,500 individual members and an additional 42,000 educators representing approximately 100 TESOL affiliate associations. TESOL's mission is to ensure excellence in English language teaching to speakers of other languages."
- CEC - Council for Exceptional Children
"The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) is the largest international professional organization dedicated to improving the educational success of individuals with disabilities and/or gifts and talents. CEC advocates for appropriate governmental policies, sets professional standards, provides professional development, advocates for individuals with exceptionalities, and helps professionals obtain conditions and resources necessary for effective professional practice. A yearly convention is held with
- Fiesta Educativa
Fiesta Educativa, Inc. San Diego, is a non-profit organization 501(c)(3). Fiesta Educativa provides parent education and training for Spanish speaking parents of children in the K-12 public school system with mild/moderate/severe disabilities. Fiesta provides parent training, develops training support groups, educational workshops, referral services, and the annual conference.
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- 10/8/11: Fiesta Educativa October 8th – Southwestern College
- 10/15/11: CATESOL Regional – San Diego County Office of Education
10/15/11: California Council on Teacher Education – Kona Kai Resort, San Diego
- 11/5/11: Parent Leadership Conference – City Heights, San Diego
- 1/28/12: Latino Summit - San Diego County Office of Education
- 3/3/12: SAILN’ EL Institute: Art & Technology, Handlery Hotel, San Diego
- 3/7/12-3/10/12: CABE Sacramento, CA
http://www.bilingualeducation.org/cabe2012/index.php (Karen Cadiero-Kaplan & Alberto Ochoa)
- 4/11/12-4/14/12: Council of Exceptional Children (CEC) Denver, CO
(Regina Brandon & Alberto Ochoa)
- 10/8/12: Fiesta Educativa October 8th – Southwestern College,
Fiesta Educativa, Inc. - Mental Disabilities, Physical Disabilities, Children with Special Needs
- 10/15/12: California Teachers of English Speakers of Other Languages (CATESOL)
Regional – San Diego County Office of Education
- 10/13/12 - 10/15/12: California Council on Teacher Education - Kona Kai Resort, San Diego
Last Modified 09/4/11 10:43