508 Compliance and Accessibility
The new EdWeb site conforms to section 508 accessibility requirements.
- Hidden Jump to Navigation and Jump to Main Content links
- Accessibility bar with link to accessibility page, sitemap, and a search field to search the site
- PHP files to build header, taxonomy, and footer ensure consistency in compliance throughout site
- Tabbed sections logically break apart with JavaScrip disabled, making the content still accessible
- Access keys are enabled for the main navigation
Black on white is used for the main body text to ensure high contrast and readability. In addition, generous line spacing and font size also adds to the readability of the text.
For images, alternate text is provided.
COE also actively monitors all web pages using HiSoftware Compliance Sheriff in order to ensure future content conforms to accessibility requirements.
The following accesskeys are enabled on this site:
- H = Home Page
- C = Current Students
- P = Prospective Students
- F = Faculty and Staff
- L = Alumni and Friends
- G = Giving to the College of Education
- D = Departments and Offices
- E = Academic Programs
- J = Projects, Centers, and Programs
- R = Courses
- O = Contact Information
- Z = Site A-Z
- S = Search
- B = About This Site
- A = Accessibility Information
- I = Disclaimer
In Windows, hold down the ALT key and press the desired accesskey to go to that page. (If you are using Internet Explorer for Windows, you may need to hit the Enter key afterwards.) On Macintosh computers, hold down the CTRL key and press the desired accesskey.
Accesskeys are currently supported in the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 4+ (Windows), 5+ (Mac)
- Netscape 6+ (Windows)
- Mozilla (Windows & Linux)
- Opera 7 (Windows & Linux)
[Source: A List Apart.]
Last Modified 06/30/11 10:53